Monday, June 5, 2006

The Real DaVinci Deception?

In walking by a copy of DaVinci's The Last Supper the other day I couldn't help but make an observation that has, up to this point, alluded me. You see, with so much attention directed toward the female-looking Apostle John on the left side of the painting, most of us have missed a far more notable figure on the right. You'll note that most of the apostles in the painting have facial hair with the exception of John and this other apostle (someone who knows art help me out here--who is this one in the painting?). Then it hit me--is it possible that Dan Brown, in his DaVinci Code, is actually pulling a fast one on us? I mean, according to him, he has revealed the secret that will destroy Christianity as we know it. I submit to you that the DaVinci Code is really just a diversion tactic. If you look carefully at the paitning and a picture of Drew Barrymore, you will find there is an undeniable similarity. We know from teh film Everafter that DaVinci and Barrymore met--even that he did a head study portrait of her. I submit that the real DaVnci Deception is not about the identity of Mary Magdalene, but rather that Drew Barrymore is in fact somehow tied to a greater conspiracy than any of us has yet imagined. Was her great-great-great-great-great-great-et al. grandmother Mary Magdalene perhaps? Has DaVinci picture Barrymore's late ancestor Martha, a devoted though overworking, disciple of Jesus? I haven't had time to search the Gnostic Bible yet for textual support, so I can only speculate at this point. Nevertheless, I invite you ponder this, the Real DaVinci Deception with me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm...I smell some not so subtle sarcasm

Kevin Heldt said...

Ha! That's awesome Steve! I don't know if you get email notification of posts -- i.e. whether you will see this or not -- but I just came across this and thought it was hilarious. I can't believe you didn't have all your readers flocking to tell you so!