Monday, June 19, 2006

Grace College Missions

We've had the priviledge oif sending out a number of our Grace College students (some now graduated!) out to a number of short term mission fields this summer. We're looking inot creating some kind of online community so they can log in and all of our group can log in from wherever everyone is this summer. This will help us stay conencted and enable us to pray for one another. More on that to come, but for now here's prayer requests from Brain Wong and Matt Esswein who's traveling in Africa right now with his family.

Brian Wong:

Hey Everyone,


This is probably going to be my only e-mail before I head out for training on Sunday (6/18) in San Diego. We'll be down there for a week until we head out of LAX on the 25th. Lord willing, we'll be back August 17th.

If I get the chance, I promise I'll send out an update e-mail, though I can't actually promise that I'll have the opportunity. Please bear in mind that I won't be able to be very explicit in the statements I e-mail so bear with me. But until I have the opportunity to actually send an update with more specific prayer requests, please pray for the following:

  • The Team: Team unity and bonding. I'm praying for an awesome team, while keeping in mind that sometimes the best learning and growth occur in situations with teams that aren't so great.
  • Boldness: God is faithful to provide ample opportunities to share. Often times my problem is a lack of boldness in taking those opportunities.
  • Health: I'm praying that I'll serve God both in sickness and in health.
  • Focus: I pray I'm not distracted by anything, whether it's my team members, my students, or anything else. I want to stay focused on the task at hand.
Also please feel free to forward this on to others who may be interested. Also feel free to ask me to add them to the list for future reference.

Yours truly,
Brian

----------------------------------------

Matt Esswein:

Some of the specific ways you can be praying for me are;

  • courage and assurance from Christ through tough emotions and seeing my family in a tough place
  • quality communication and an overall FUN trip within my family
  • the Holy Spirit to speak at the conference to encourage, inspire, and heal us and the people we are speaking to
  • words to say, scriptures to share, and stories to tell
  • quality rest and overall health amongst the busy schedule and questionable food
Grace and peace,
Matt

No comments: