Wednesday, December 14, 2005

getting stuff done

I've been in a major mode of reorganizing my life recently. Constantly having emails, phone calls, meetings, lessons to prep and meetings to prep coming at me--in addition to trying to spend meaningful and intentional time with people can all become a bit overwhelming at times. I know you students out there aren't thinking about this stuff much right now because you're outta here for Christmas--but don't worry, come January you'll be back in the thick of it! (By the way, didn't someone say once that life's easier out of college? NB: you're on break and those of us post college types are still working away!)

Anyway, I've been reading through a book called Getting Things Done that has been tremendously helpful. It's allowed me to corral my stuff I've got to do and to start organizing it...and...well...getting it done! I highly recommend the book to anyone who wants to (or needs to) get better at getting done everything that comes your way in a given day. Anyone else have resourced they like for accomplishing all their "to do's" in life?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my little day planner has saved my LIFE! it's my secret weapon...

Anonymous said...

I'm slightly with Kara. I make pretty good use of my PDA. It has all my contacts, todo's, appointments, etc. I've had times during the quarter where I was so busy that I had to intentionally schedule every moment of my time down to the half-hour. That may be a little compulsive, but it seemed necessary at the time, and I was able to get everything done.

Good point that you're still working away while we're on break, but there's something to be said for having vacation time and being able to take it almost whenever you want. There are definitely days during the quarter when I just wish I didn't have to go to school and could take a few days of vacation.

Anonymous said...

Is this blog dead? There haven't been any posts in over a month?