Wednesday, November 16, 2005

turkey bowl edition

SUnday, Sunday, SUNDAY! Turkey Bowl is coming this this Sunday! Waht can I say, we've got tto give to the highschoolers for coming back with some serious chutspa! I've been hearing everything from our guys saying we have to split up the guys and girls because the girls won't hang, to some of our ladies who are getting uniforms together and getting ready to kick some serious butt! We had 60 sign up on Sunday with a third of our group gone for the three day weekend--between us and the high schoolers, I think we're going to see a sporting event that's only beat out in size and draw around the world by the Tour de France, World Cup Soccer and the Superbowl (I'd say the World Series, but it doesn't have the mass appeal it used to). We're also setting a collge record with most everyone whose coming to Turkey Bowl coming back for the Thanks Gathering Dinner that night.

This is going to be agreat weekend right before our Thanksgiving break!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, poor world series. Baseball needs to make a serious comeback.

And by the way, BOYS, as a girl, i'm soooooo ready to PLAY in the game, and I don't want y'all to think you need to be seperated from us female folk to have a good time. You just watch your little heiney's. We can be tougher that you think *wink*

Anonymous said...

I can't wait!!! This is gonna be grrrrreat!

Anonymous said...

yeah college woo woo!! 1 point is 1 point...oh yeah! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Poor Jason. The college group won! I'm not sure of the official final score, but we beat the high school group.

By the way, Jason, when are you gonna let the rest of us, who don't have blogger accounts, post on your blog? I'd post, but I can't.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I love all the various ways in which we refer to Pastor Steve: P. Steve, Pasta Steve (didn't know he was Italian), Steve, Pastor Steve, etc.

What else have you guys come up with?