Thursday, November 3, 2005

before lance...leMond


During LeMond was...Leonard. OK, so I'm reliving Junior High fantasies of riding with Greg LeMond and winning the Tour de France. Here's the good news, being that Lance Armstrong is around 1-2 years older than me, it's a good thing I went to seminary. I would have just been beat like everyone else! After a l-o-n-g break, I have literally been gearing up to take my bike out on the road again (By the way, you can see what my bike looks like if you simply look at the guy's bike behind Greg's behind). Cycling technology has left me in the dust, so I'm getting out there old school (Steel is real, baby!), but it's time to get out on the road again. I have my new shoes, helmet & gloves and even took my Battaglin in for an overhaul, so once I've got her back, it's time to hit the road! Anyone for a ride???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LeMond was the man, Lance is the new man. Next thing you know they'll be making bikes called "Armstrong".

Anonymous said...

Perhaps what Greg really meant was that "LeMond was the man, Lance is the man, and Leonard will be the man." Am I wrong?

I'm sure if Jason was around, he'd be up for it. I've never been much for bicycles. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

That is indeed what I meant to say. And by the way, I am totally up for a ride!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm dying to go out on my bike. I hear that some of the girls in Noonie's growth group go out from Laguna to Avila. I haven't been myself, but i'm itching to go.

Although, I must say i'm probably no match to mr. i'm-a-biking-stud keogh. I'm more of a "leisure" rider :)

Grace 4 Russia said...

Solvang Century 2008???!!!!

Shredding it up in Siberia...NOT!