Wednesday, August 31, 2005

This Old House


As some of you may know, my wife and I recently bought a house and are now facing a tremendous amount of repair and rebuilding. Not all of it is unexpected, but alot of it is.

This is going to be an exciting time for us. My wife and I are being drawn to depend on the Lord in ways that we haven't ever needed to before. Ok, to be honest, it's mostly me. I'm the one who is stressing out!


Perhaps as a sort of therapy, but hopefully as a forum for proclaiming God's greatness and provision, I have started a blog about the whole process. It's called "This Old House." I invite you to stop by, take a look at the pics, offer advice, and read my engaging and charming narrative as I spell out the gory (and glorious) details.

Thanks again to all of you who have been praying for me (and helping!) as I continue to tear away layer upon layer of this house, revealing more and more destruction.

Actually, this house is a perfect object lesson of how God pulls us apart to reveal our sin, and how He graciously begins to rebuild us.

Hey... that sounds like a great blog topic...

No comments: