Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Whirlwind

Whew! It's been a crazy week. My family and I have spent the last three evenings at the Family Conference and it was awesome! Dan Haakenson did a terrific job showing us what the Proverbs have to say about communication. If you missed it...well all I can say is you missed out! (Some of you wondered about ordering the CDs, I can only direct you Dori Iunker, our Children's Ministry Director, to ask) Speaking with Kindness, Listening and Conflict Resolution were among the topics he covered and I'm glad I was there! It was a great way for Lisa and I to celebrate our 6th anniversary on Sunday by being reminded about key principles of communication. Great job Dori—I can’t wait ‘til next year’s conference!

1 comment:

Suzette said...

If you missed the family conference you can listen on line. Look under the graceslo.org and hit "listen to sermons". It looks like Tim's talk "Simple Family Devotions" will be on there as well. Wayne went to that one and said he got some great ideas.

I also thought Dori did a great job. Everything was so organized. Who thought up all of those great workshops. Matt and I enjoyed cooking very much.