Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Time to read...

Ok, it looks like I get a breather. Things might slow down for a bit at work, but then again, it could pick up again in a week or so. Hopefully, I'll be available to pick up the ball on blogging!

So a friend has recommended a book to me: "Visioneering - God's Blueprint for Developing ad Maintaining Personal Vision" by Andy Stanley. Has anyone read this? Is it any good? I ususally love to read books on leadership, vision, etc... but I haven't heard anything about this one.

I also love to read biographies about great men of faith, or movers of history. Anyone out there have any recommendations? I'll let you know what I think of "Visioneering" when I'm done. I just read the prologue and it seems sloppily written, but with some good ideas.

I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Phil,
I don't know anything about the Andy Stanley book; I've never heard of it either. As for biographies though, I am currently reading "Eric Liddell: Pure Gold" by David McCasland and it is really good. Eric Liddell is the man whom the movie "Chariots of Fire" is about and he was an amazing and godly man. I have been impressed and challenged by reading of his dedication to living for God in every area of life. I highly recommend it.

pgepps said...

Howdy, Phil--don't know jack about that book, last thing I read through was the fourth volume of a Chinese epic (in translation, of course), but--how ya been?!?

Y'know, me, down the hall, played the vodka dispenser when you played a grandma, etc. Short version: MA Baylor '02, PhD pending, teaching in Japan for 2yrs in a JH/HS, got 1yr teaching in a college to go, then back to PhD-world at Baylor. Blog--follow the link to my profile.

Oh, flipped over to your other blog. I think wheatgrass and vodka sounds great--just what Reb Mordcha prescribes!

Cheers!
PGE

pgepps said...

P.S. hold the wheatgrass, make it a double.

Greetings to your wife (Hi!) and, albeit the don't know me from Adam, the kids, too!
PGE