Wednesday, January 10, 2007

fighter verses


I've been wanting to be more intentional about spending time in the Word as a family for a while. A couple years back I met with some guys in our church for breakfast once a week and we memorized a set of verses put out by Desiring God called "Fight Verses." It's great becasue you can get them right off the web sight for free, or you can purchase their resources.

I've been wanting to try it in earnest for so long that I finally bit the bullet and purchased the ESV (my favorite translation for literal/readable combo) set for our family. Lisa and I started memorizing together a couple weeks ago with a verse from the Old Testament that says it all,

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God
who keeps covenant and steadfast love
with those who love him and keep his commandments,
to a thousand generations.

Deut. 7.9

I share this, not because I am so great at memorizing, but because I struggle to keep this as a my part of my life. Maybe you do too. We're enjoying the time together and we're talking about Scripture together each evening after dinner. If yo're lookoing for something to help you, I highly recommend Fighter Verses (you can get kids packs and little prizes for your kids too).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great thing to do as a family!