Monday, March 27, 2006

time away

Alright, I admit that it's actually been a week since I got back from vacation, but with preaching yesterday and all the stuff waiting for me after a week away, I just didn't get time to blog last week. Right before all you Poly-ites took off for Spring Break, I took my family away for some vacation in the snow at Shaver Lake and rain in Fresno (who wouldn't want to vacation in Fresno??). It was the first time David and Matthias got to experience the snow--Matthias loved it (until he slipped on an icy patch), David...not so much.

As you can see form the pics, David took the opportunity to show off a little. He was sitting up all by himself and even standing and taking a couple steps (Lisa isn't holding him here!). Matthias was all about mastering his stair workout--and dressed for the part! Lisa enjoyed laying low with her boys and the dinner-theatre show we attended in the Tower District in Fresno. They did a good job with Beauty & the Beast and thanks to the grandparents; we got to make it a date night for us.

And me? Well, most of you know I love riding my bike these days. I had big plans to ride everyday of vacation so I might be able to hang with Greg K. and Scott Morton. I managed to get in a couple good rides, but between the weather (snow in the mountains and rain in the 'Sno) and getting lazy, how did I spend my time? Well...let's just call it quality time with my boys! This was our first real vacation since starting here—it was great to get away for a few days, though I have to say, it’s great to be back home too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh David! That is so exciting! God is so faithful!
Your boys are so cute :o)

p.s. is that People magazine you're reading? ;o)