Tuesday, November 1, 2005

hoedown 05!!

Wow! Or...I should say, "YEEEE HAWW!!" This year's Hoedown was a great time. I've never felt so good about looking so dumb in my life--I actually dreamt (or was it more of a nightmare??) about going the wrong way in the hand over hand pull all night on Saturday!

Many thanks to Christal and the rest of our leadership team who put so much time and energy into making this a reality. Thanks again to the Kokkonen's for hosting us and for cooking us up some great BBQ burgers. SO many people put out a lot of effort to make this event happen and I think it showed.

There were some of you who wondered if P. Steve would really get out there and dance--all I can say is, I was doing the "Funky Cowboy" as good (or bad!)as anyone out there! (I don't have any photographic evidence--did anyone get a pic to help me prove this??) If you have any pics from the night, shoot me an email so we can get them to our media team to put together a slide show of it all. I had a chance to meet a bunch of you and to hang out in way that's hard sometimes on Sunday mornings.

It was so great to see people interacting and laughing and getting to know each other out there on Saturday night--it makes me glad that we only have to wait a few short weeks until the Turkey Bowl on November 20th! I'm a little jealous of Alex and watching him walk away with that iPod, but now he can enjoy his music as he strolls across Cuesta's campus.

I never thought I'd say this (I hate country music!), but I can't wait to do this all over again! What did y'all think? What was your favorite part of the night? Did you meet anyone new? WIll you be there for the Turkey Bowl?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, that was totally a blast. I had a great evening. Christal and her team certainly did an awesome job. Thanks to her for all of her hard work.

I was glad to hear that the Kokkonen's decided to make burgers. That was a blessing. I met so many new people, and it was cool to see them on Sunday morning worshipping with us.

Turkey Bowl is gonna be great! Someone tell the high schoolers that we're gunning for them.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah. I'm not sure if I have photographic evidence of you dancing, but I might have some video evidence that could suffice. I'll have to take a look when I get a chance.

P. Steve said...

Jason!!! So great to hear from you my man! Thanks for the updated info on the blog--I'll correct the link on our blog and keep up with you. THings are a lot of fun in the college group this year--it'll be great to have you back, but enjoy yourself over there in Spain!