Thursday, September 22, 2005

in the weeds

A couple weeks back things were incredibly hectic around the church office and one of our staff said she was "in the weeds." I immediately turned around and replied that I was in the weeds too! You who've been servers in restaurants know what we're talking about--you're so buried you just can't keep your head above water. I told my buddy Andre (who I worked at the restaurant with) that I was in the weeds on the phone that week and he just laughed--we hadn't used that line in 8 years. Great lines from good days! Of course the whole thing made me think how I got into BIG trouble with my manager for throwing away a strawberry garnish off of a drink and replacing it with a lime. I mean, how careless and wasteful--strawberries cost money! All this has me think about bad college jobs and funny work related expressions. What are some funny expressions you have from a job? What's the worst job you've had in college (if you currently work there, don't mention business names!)?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've certainly had my fair share of bad jobs. It would probably behoove me not to mention when or where, but it was bad from the perspective of enjoying what I was doing.

In terms of work related expressions, there haven't really been any. I'm interested to know what other people have, though.

Anonymous said...

Haha, i totally understand the strawberry thing. I used to work at a n ice cream shop in high school, and I got scolded for putting too many strawberries on a... yes... strawberry shortcake. *rolls eyes*