Thursday, March 3, 2005

Taskforce Ronin - Operation Colored-Pencils

Ok, I don't know if this mission had an official operational code name, but it is neat to see this video (25MB) from a co-worker who is in northern Iraq right now.

The company I work for, CafeFX, is one of the companies that is supporting this effort. Me and one of my co-workers stuffed box after box with plastic bags full of school supplies. When I watched this video it nearly brought me to tears. Looking into all those brown eyes I couldn't help but think about my own blue-eyed boys.

We are truly blessed to live in America. But it isn't enough to be blessed and live here. We need to reach out and help - specifically as the body of Christ.

I was reminded of the missions conference that was taking place this week. I was unable to attend any of the sessions, but I did go to the Sunday night dinner. Jacquelyn and I were blessed and encouraged by the work of Lifewater. It is a ministry that we ar going to commit to prayer.

No comments: